“The passion to see beyond what is admirable to the eye

The love that is felt deep within one's soul

The mystery captured through light and form

With honesty, humility and grace...

Only then can you tell your heart to be strong enough to love true art."



- Bibi Gefre

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day at the Cathedral



The church was a good place to reflect that day, listening through the silence of echoes, hum of prayers and  patter of footsteps like the rain outside.

I stare at my diamond ring and watch the sparkles of rainbow-colored lights dance, bringing me back to my childhood days when I would stare at my mother's own wedding ring.

In between solace and contemplation, I observe others like me finding comfort in this place.  I don't question why I'm here, or wonder where I am going with life.  It's a tranquil place of rest and relief not to think, feel or worry about anyone or anything.

Counting not the minutes, the cracking of wood from the pews cue me to wait just a bit more...

Until I light that candle again.