“The passion to see beyond what is admirable to the eye

The love that is felt deep within one's soul

The mystery captured through light and form

With honesty, humility and grace...

Only then can you tell your heart to be strong enough to love true art."



- Bibi Gefre

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

CARAMELIZED BUTTERNUT SQUASH

Here I am again at the kitchen with a mini photo documentary.

Let me take you back first on how I prepared the squash for this yummy dish.

... I rinsed the veggie with cold water ...


... I sliced it down into halves ...



... removed the seeds...


... and peeled off the skin ...


...now it's all ready to dice into cubes ...


... my ingredients are 4 -6 spoons melted butter, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/2 cup brown sugar ...


... I love using parchment paper! Nothing sticks to the pan that way ...


... I placed it in the oven at 400 degrees for 50 minutes ...


... and voila! I bet adding cinnamon would also make it awesome. but that will be next time :)